CCVP can be said as Cisco Certified Voice Professional. This certification validates the skills as well as knowledge that are required to integrate network architectures. This certification also validates the skills in operating, configuring, troubleshooting and implementing converged IP network. With the help of CCVP certification, it can create a telephony solution which is transparent, manageable as well as scalable. Curriculum of CCVP mainly focuses on QOS (quality of service), gatekeepers, gateways, voice applications, IP phones and utilities on Cisco analyst as well as Cisco routers switches.
For obtaining CCVP certification, an individual has to take part one examination. Examination shall be classified in to two routes. Candidates can choose any one route in participating the examinations. The following are the exams in route 1.
1) CVOICE (Cisco voice over the IP) and CVF (Cisco voice over fundamentals of IP) or 642-436 CVOICE.
2) CIPT1 (Implementation of Cisco Unified Communication Manager-part 1 or 642-446 CIPT1.
3) QOS (Quality of service) or 642-642 QOS.
4) CIPT2 (Implementation of Cisco Unified Communication Manager-part 2 or 642-456 CIPT2.
5) TUC (Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communication systems or 642-426 TUC.
1) CVOICE-version 5 (Cisco voice over the IP) or CVF-version 6 (Cisco voice over fundamentals of IP) or 642-436 CVOICE and (Cisco voice over fundamentals of IP)-version 1.
2) QOS (Quality of service) or 642-642 QOS.
3) TUC (Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communication systems or 642-426 TUC.
4) CIPT1 (Cisco IP telephony- part1) and Cisco IP telephony- part 2 or 642-444 CIPT.
5) GWGK (implementation of Cisco voice gatekeepers as well as gateways) or 642-453 GWGK.
Candidates who are working towards CCVP certification with CCVP call manager 4.1 should complete both CIPT as well as GWGK. If CIPT and GWGK examination is not completed, then candidates are required to complete CIPT part 1 and part 2.
CCVP certification is valid up to 3 years. In order to remain this qualification, recertification has to be done by taking part and getting minimum eligibility marks in any of the 642 professional level examinations or a pass in CCDE/CCIE written examinations before the certificate expiry date.